With Easter around the corner and my sister’s birthday also happening on Easter this year, we’ve got a busy weekend ahead. Every year I absolutely LOVE dying Easter eggs but get stuck with a ton of hard boiled eggs that I never eat or do anything with. So this year, Joey and I decided to skip the dying and decided on an alternative that is just as fun and 10000X more delicious!
We went out and bought chocolates of all different colors and (with the help of a kit) made our own chocolate eggs! We found our kit at Michael’s and it was super easy to use! If you can’t find a kit, you can use an easter egg mold and follow the directions below!
- Melt your chocolates in microwave bowls (1 bowl per color).
- With your Easter egg mold, use a spoon to pour your melted chocolate into the bottom of the mold. You can alternate colors if you’d like or stick with one color. Just be sure to fill the mold 3/4 of the way full.
- Put the top of mold on and shake vigorously to make sure the chocolate spreads all the way around the mold.
- Place mold in the refrigerator for 3 min. Remove and shake for 30 seconds then put back in the refrigerator for 10 min.
- After those 10 min, remove your chocolate egg from the mold!
- Repeat steps 1-5 to make as many eggs as you want! Or till you run out of chocolate!